We spent the final day of our trip relaxing at sea. The Princess Patter didn't have anything really exciting to offer us in the morning, so we just hung out until it was time for the On Deck For The Cure walk. It was great to be able to support Charlene & to help raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation. We walked {actually we ran the last lap} around the Promenade deck 8 times {can't remember how many miles it was supposed to be....}. It didn't take too long, surprisingly, and since I got my exercise in I didn't feel the least bit guilty about eating 3 desserts at dinner.
The rest of the day was spent doing everything on the ship one last time.Stopping by the International Cafe a time or two, relaxing on the deck loungers, playing games, having burgers & pizza on the Lido, sampling yet another cologne, buying last minute gifts, looking at the art, talking to Razvan {our steward}, etc, etc. I just tried to soak up everything for the last time.
The sounds, the smells, the feelings.
Before dinner we participated in a rousing game of Crackpot Jackpot Bingo at Club Fusion, and although we didn't win the $2,000 we had so much fun {can I get a wh-oh}! We also packed our bags & set them outside our door so they could be picked up.
We went to the final show, Destination Anywhere, after dinner. I really enjoyed this one.......until the last number. The animatronic head dresses were just too much for me. Then Matt & I walked around the deck for one last look at the night sky & dark ocean. We stood & felt the sea air- man, I'll miss that! We caught most of the Comedy Magic Showtime {who knew the Take Home Chef was so funny?} & were rocked to sleep for the last time. I honestly cannot remember a time when I've slept better.
We had to be ready to disembark at 7:45 a.m. Matt & I got up early so we could walk around the ship one more time. We met up with everyone, grabbed a quick bite at the buffet & headed to the Explorer's Lounge to wait. Before I knew it, it was time to leave. I was definitely sad to go, but once we got to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale I was super anxious to get home. We were at the airport pretty early {about 4 hours} so we went through the line to check our bags, then went through the line again {apparently you can't check bags more than 4 hours early. We had 10 minutes- which was just enough time to wait in line again- until we could check our bags. The AZ clan didn't have this problem, as their flight left an hour before ours}. We hung out in the terminal playing games. The airport was SO crowded- mostly with cruise folk, I'm guessing. I finally got to call the kids. It was so great to hear their voices again, and to hear that everything went well while we were away.
We said goodbye to Matt's fam & waited for our flight {which was delayed} to Denver. We were "lucky" enough to have the high-school band from Casper, WY with us once again {they were on our flight from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale}, but instead of the funny crew we had on the way to Florida {"sit back, relax, lean forward, be tense- it doesn't matter to me. It's your flight"...."We'd like to pretend to have your attention"....."In the event that this flight becomes a cruise.."} we got a grumpy, rule-nazi flight attendant. I also got to sit next to one of the band members. She wanted to be my bestie. I could tell because she loved to share the arm rest with me and wordlessly handed me her book {Twilight} several times so I could hold it for her while she got more comfy. She was awesome.
It was so great to land in SLC! The drive home was too long. My whole fam was there to greet us. I had forgotten what Jackson's little voice sounded like. It was wonderful to cuddle him again! Kensie & I cried together and she presented me with a story she had written in our absence {I'll post it later}. Lincoln gave me a hug & told me over and over how good he was while we were gone {he really wanted that present I promised him for being a good boy!}. It's good to be home.
Now, back to reality.
On Deck For The Cure walk- Matt's a robot, apparently
Charlene & Curt
our last morning on the ship

0 comments:
Post a Comment
go ahead....make my day.